Pages

Saturday 9 November 2013

Canadian Keeper

October 13, 2013

Meet the Canadian keeper.

While M's been playing soccer with a local team here for a few months, I am only posting this now as it took me awhile to get to a game to take some photos. And really, how can I write a post without photographic evidence?

I thought I would attempt my interview skills again for this one:

Me: Who are you playing with and how did you find the team?

M: I'm playing with my lovely wife's work team, and was introduced to it by S when he was here.

Me: Where do you play?

M: At an outdoor park that also has cricket and baseball fields, about a 10-minute drive from our place. It's in Melville, which is the same neighbourhood as the guesthouse we stayed at when we first arrived.

Me: How often do you play?

M: Once a week. It used to always be on Sundays, but I just recently started playing indoor-outdoor (indoor-style soccer field outside) on Tuesday nights. 

Me: What is it like playing soccer in South Africa compared to Canada? 

M: The rules are exactly the same, but it is much more serious here. South Africans takes soccer more seriously than Canadians do;  kind of like how Canadians are with hockey. This makes for more tension on the field. It's been good to be playing again though, and I'm really enjoying being a part of the team in South Africa (especially since my golfing days are over…).

Me: Have there been any interesting moments/stories you want to share?

M: After my first game of indoor everyone said I played really well and they were really happy to have me on the team. The interesting part of the story is that we lost 8-3. I think there were 50 shots on net…

No comments:

Post a Comment